Bridging 2 routers together

TorturedChaos

So my friend replaced his POS Netgear WTG624 router with a Linksys WRT54GL and loaded DD-WRT on it.
Well he is running out of ports on the Linksys router, and we wanted to bridge the netgear router into it so he could hook his printer and some other non-important stuff into it.
Problem is I can't get it to work.

I have the set the Netgear's IP to 192.168.1.2 for the access page. Gave it a static WAN IP (192.168.1.50), and turned its DHCP server off. (All as many guides I found told me to do). I have an ethernet cable ran from one of the LAN ports on the Linksys router to the WAN/Internet port on the Netgear router, then hooked a cable from one of the LAN ports on the netgear router to the ethernet port on my laptop. But I can't even talk to the Linksys router through the Netgear, let alone the internet.

So what am I doing wrong? help please

it's a wiring issue

Code:
modem-->(wan)router#1(lan)---->([B]lan[/B])router#2(lan)--- wired connections
                |                         |
                + - - - wired or wifi     +---- wired or wifi
notice: the wan port on router#2 is left empty and you use one of its lan slots to connect to router#1

APN's (Access Point Networks or Access Points Networking)

see example

28385_401460177948_579882948_4390280_2973041_n.jpg

notice: the wan port on router#2 is left empty and you use one of its lan slots to connect to router#1
effectively, this simple recabling turns router#2 into a switch,
and relies upon router#1 for NAT and DHCP services. Router#2 can still be used for WiFi conections - - in fact, both #1 & #2 can provide WiFi connections.

Correct the first main DHCP router is the Primary APN and the second router is the secondary APN. That example has now changed I have 3x with 3x SMA APN's because once you get a 15x Android Tablets you can really see how things are.

Back