TechSpot

Broadband slow

By gobbybobby
Apr 4, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Living in the countryside I get slow broadband only 1.5 Meg. But recently. This speed has fallen alot. I re set my router and have waited 3 days, but still have slow speed. I play lots of games on my Xbox, PS3 and download alot off Steam so need my 1.5 Megs!

I hate calling BT they always say there is nothing wrong. My line went wrong before and it took months for them to admit there was something wrong and send someone to fix it.

Router Config page says.
    Connection Information
    Line state Connected
    Connection time 3 days, 05:44:55
    Downstream 672 Kbps
    Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
    VPI/VCI 0/38
    Type PPPoA
    Modulation G.992.1 Annex A
    Latency type Interleaved
    Noise margin (Down/Up) 15.6 dB / 19.0 dB
    Line attenuation (Down/Up) 59.7 dB / 31.5 dB
    Output power (Down/Up) 1.2 dBm / 1.5 dBm
    Loss of Framing (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
    Loss of Signal (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
    Loss of Power (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
    FEC Errors (Down/Up) 3191 / 209
    CRC Errors (Down/Up) 1802 / 349
    HEC Errors (Down/Up) 3909 / 254
    Error Seconds (Local/Remote) 264 / 169
  2. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 543

3. license27kill

license27kill TechSpot Member Posts: 76

http://speedtest.net/ <-- test it here..

so you can clear you mind..

if your using many connections consecutively. might affect your total speed.
    you might wanna refrain from multi connection and
    have it 1 @ a time
  4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

I assume since you live in a rural area you have no other alternatives to switch too =/ . But I can relate I had issues for over a year with my connection slowing down to going off randomly every so often for a day with no reported outages. After many attempts to get it fixed I finally got an intelligent technician who noticed this wasn't normal. He found out that the wiring was faulty and my connection to the neighborhood box was bad. He seemed shocked that no one but myself noticed it and sent a crew out to rewire it. So be persistent, if you know it's nothing on your end it's there JOB to fix it.
  5. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 543

Problem is I have 4 people in my hosue with Xbox/ PS3/ 2 laptops/ 2 PCs Mobile phones that have Wifi. there are sometimes 6 devises connected to the net at any one time. However the speed displayed on the router config page is the speed I am getting.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/772111406.png

Bt are only operator on my exchange.

I will ring them later, get the to reset profile, wait 24 hours and call again if no speed increase.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.