Broadband

Krystianb

Hello, i have formatted my computed into Windwos xp but, i cannot connect to the internet there is internet because i can connect why my laptop but for some reason when i try to install the Broad band i get an error saying, cannot renew IP adress....
also i tried to install the Router Again but i also get a error saying; No ethernet Adapter Found! Please check your network connections, also when i go onto control panel there is no internet connections or anything there? and when i try to make one it tells me to run the Router's CD but i get that error so i have no idea what to do.
My friend had the same problem but to solve it he installed Vista and then he was able to connect to the internet? but how can i fix this on Windows XP?

You didn't mention anything about installing all the motherboard, LAN and other device drivers. Did you?

I havent Installed anything.. How can i Install The LAN Drivers etc?

i mean, Also How Would i know which to install..?

If this is self-built or custom built PC, go the motherboard manufacturer's website, download and install the drivers for your motherboard. You can also use the motherboard driver CD but the downloaded drivers will be the most recent. If the PC was made by a major manufacturer such as Dell, HP, Sony, eMachines, Gateway, etc., go the manufacturer's website for those drivers.

The driver files might come zipped in which case you will have to unzip them before installing. Otherwise, all you usually have to do is double click on the driver file to start the installation. As to which drivers to install, install all of them. The only exception might be the graphics card driver. If are using onboard graphics, then include it. If you are using a separate graphics card, go to the GPU maker's website (such as ATI/AMD or Nvidia) and install the latest driver for your card. In the unlikely event you have a separate sound card, go to the sound card maker's website.

I will download the video card, Motherboard Driver's But i had truble finding thje procceror's Amd Athlon 64 3200+ Also Would i need some kind of driver for the Internet Connection ? and h ow can i find this ;) sorry guys im not good with computers

If an AMD processor driver is needed, you can go to the AMD website but unless you have an older AMD processor, like a socket 939, you probably don't need a separate one.

I can not find my proccesor Driver on the amd website i think that it is too old and also when i try to install the grapics card driver a error come up saying "install pakacage failur" man im so confiused right now evrythiung basiccly does not work for some reason

Forget the processor driver for now. I doubt that you really need it. Install the chipset drivers before any others.

BTW, please do not start a new thread asking this same question.

Back