Broken Capacitor

By TimeParadoX
Jul 3, 2008
  1. I broke a Capacitor on my 8800GTS, it's not completely off, but it's rather loose and looks like it'll come off next time I touch it. Should I RMA it back to EVGA or do not worry about it for now?
  2. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

Kind of risky to keep it if you know its about to fall off. Maybe if you have a soldering kit you could fix it, but if not I probably wouldn't take the chance of it breaking off and shorting something out or something.
  3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

True, but it's not going to fall out though. I've put it back into place. Although it's lose it's very well kept in place, I doubt it'll randomly fall out. It's just I hit it when I was pulling out my HDD trays ( they are right next to my GPU, and since it's so massive I couldn't take out the GPU since my fingers couldn't reach the latch on the PCI-e slot ). I'm going to re-work my case later, maybe even get a new one because the Thermaltake Armor isn't getting enough air ventilation due to the massive amount of "tool-less" ( but useless ) stuff.
  4. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 235

Ah, I hate it when that happens, once the metal bends it only gets looser every time. If you know it wont just fall off I guess you could still keep it, just make sure its in a good position and wont even be touched again. Still, if you are ever in a situation where you wont be needing your card for awhile, like away for a week or something it might be a good idea to send her off.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.