Broken Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

I broke a Capacitor on my 8800GTS, it's not completely off, but it's rather loose and looks like it'll come off next time I touch it. Should I RMA it back to EVGA or do not worry about it for now?

Kind of risky to keep it if you know its about to fall off. Maybe if you have a soldering kit you could fix it, but if not I probably wouldn't take the chance of it breaking off and shorting something out or something.

Whiffen said:
Kind of risky to keep it if you know its about to fall off. Maybe if you have a soldering kit you could fix it, but if not I probably wouldn't take the chance of it breaking off and shorting something out or something.

True, but it's not going to fall out though. I've put it back into place. Although it's lose it's very well kept in place, I doubt it'll randomly fall out. It's just I hit it when I was pulling out my HDD trays ( they are right next to my GPU, and since it's so massive I couldn't take out the GPU since my fingers couldn't reach the latch on the PCI-e slot ). I'm going to re-work my case later, maybe even get a new one because the Thermaltake Armor isn't getting enough air ventilation due to the massive amount of "tool-less" ( but useless ) stuff.

Ah, I hate it when that happens, once the metal bends it only gets looser every time. If you know it wont just fall off I guess you could still keep it, just make sure its in a good position and wont even be touched again. Still, if you are ever in a situation where you wont be needing your card for awhile, like away for a week or something it might be a good idea to send her off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back