Broni sent me over from Virus and Malware Removal

circusboy01

Said he couldn't do anymore over there as my system is clean
Here's my problems What used to take seconds to download now takes minutes.
What used to take minutes takes hours.
Tying to watch a video is about 30 to 40 seconds of buffering for about 3 to 4 seconds of watching,. I don't think it's a weak signal I always show 6 to 8 out of 9 dots Dots are the same thing as Bars. Show signal strength.
Can anyone help? Thanks CB

Tell us about your system: OS, security software, make and model, etc. Is this slowdown for everything, internet only, what?

Last night,and this afternoon i got an error message when I opened up my g-mail " Some g-mail features have failed to load do to an internet connectivity problem."
I guess that shows what the problem is. But I've been having the problem for a week or more. Why am I just now getting the message in g-mail? Also if it is a connectivity problem why am I always showing 6 to 8 out of 9 bars ( actually I show Dots. But people understand what I mean better if I say bars.) Right now I have 8 bars which equals 94% Yet I'm having connectivity problems?.
One more really important question before I send all my operating system info.
I just realized that there are 2 windows Forums. Am I in the correct one ? CB

I have IE (never use it) Google Chrome and Firefox( I switch between the two) I believe all 3 browsers have been up graded to the latest version..
Since you posted I guess that means I'm in the correct forum. Right?
I will send the information you asked for in your last post shortly. Right now I have other things that need taken care of. thanks CB ( you know I don't know why I'm signing CB I sent so many scan logs to Broni, over in Malware with my name on them ,that a bunch of you already know it anyway. So from now on it's no longer CB it's Ray

Well Fire Fox version 5.x was a nightmare with memory leak but it has been mostly rectified by version 6 which you indicate that you have updated to.

What security software are you running? What is the make of your system?

*** By the way, I live very close to the Jersey Shore and will probably be leaving either late tonight or early Saturday morning so if you don't hear from me from Saturday on I am not ignoring you it is that I will be without power for some time.

Well Fire Fox version 5.x was a nightmare with memory leak but it has been mostly rectified by version 6 which you indicate that you have updated to.

What security software are you running? What is the make of your system?

*** By the way, I live very close to the Jersey Shore and will probably be leaving either late tonight or early Saturday morning so if you don't hear from me from Saturday on I am not ignoring you it is that I will be without power for some time.

Hope everything is safe and OK for you.
I was wrong. I didn't have the newest version of FF. I do now though.
Here's that info you wanted.Let me know if you need anything else.

Lenovo Idea Center K 300--Windows 7 home Premium (x64)--3.20 Gigahertz
Intel Pentium Dual Core--64 Kilobyte Primary memory Cache--2048 Kilobyte
Secondary Memory Cache--9783.18 Gigabytes Usuable Hard Drive Capacity
930.80 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space--4062 Megabytes Usuable Installed
Memory

Avast Free Anti.--MBAM--Superantispyware--Spybot S&D--Spywareblaster CCleaner.

Netgear WNA1100 Connected to 5IRD6 At An Average of 6 TO 8 Out Of 9 Bars

Like I said. Let me know if you need anything else. Ray

Thought this might be helpful..I've been having a lot of Server could not be found /Connection was .Interrupted. Messages. Especially when I try to go to my E-mails Ray

Go to Lenovo's website and update your wireless drivers for your system.

I'll probably do it anyway. But I doubt if it will help. I just found out that my friend/Landlords Laptop is doing the same thing.Most everything is super
slow,yet he's getting almost a full set of bars.
So I guess the problem is in our router, or with Verizon it self.
If the problem is with the router. Is there any thing we can do to try to fix it?
Like turning it off for x amount of seconds, or minutes. Or maybe there's some
sort of reset button. Thanks Ray

It's Sunday Afternoon. and my PC works. You Tube music videos don't buffer, TS came up with no hesitation, and I just know everything else works too.
I guess Verizon fixed the problem. Sorry for making you go through that unnecessary stuff.
Thank you very much for trying to help. Ray

Sorry for the delayed response but I was one of those who fled the Jersey Shore and my power was off as well due to Hurricane Irene.

Ah, yes, Verizon. I love their cell phone service but their internet has too many issues. I know quite a few users of their IP service who have issues. Glad it is working out for you.

I thought that might have been the situation. Are you and yours OK? Did you have any property lose or damage. Hope your able to overcome quickly.

Sure seems like Verizon could have sent out some kind of "The problem is not with your computer" Letters Ray

Back