TechSpot

Bropia.P Worm

By thug_life
Feb 22, 2005
  1. i thought that this sub-forum would be an appropriate place to post this thread. So, i was sent a file via MSN messenger called 'Me Pis*ed' i accepted it as it was valid as to what i was talking about. i opened the file, it opened in MS-DOS which i thought was abit odd. i am slightly competent in using computers so i was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. and if anybody could help me.
    apparently it is a worm with trojan like features cuz it opens a port to the internet.
    i have mcafee internet security suite, the whole package, it has virusscan, personal firewall plus, spamkiller and internet privacy.
    virusscan never picks up the virus and i hope that personal firewall plus is blocking the outgoing traffic.

Please help me

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In order for your antivirus software to remove this worm you will need to disable system restore.

Then make sure that your antivirus programme is fully updated.

Go to http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_131862.htm for removal instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. thug_life

thug_life TS Rookie Topic Starter

i turned system restore off on all my drives, did a virus scan using the latest virus definition .DAT file.
    Could my virusscan b faulty?
    is there any other way 2 make sure the virus is still on my computer or any other way to remove the virus?
    thnx

4. howard_hopkinso

Did you download the latest Dat file + Engine?

If you look carefully at the removal instructions there is a link to get the above files.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

5. thug_life

thug_life TS Rookie Topic Starter

i downloaded the 4430 one from Mcafee.com, it came up in my folder with a planet earth icon, when i opened it it said i dont have any suitable products. So i downloaded the engine for virusscan update and it came as a zip file with loads of files and i dont know wot 2 do. it has a few executable files but they briefly open ms-dos.

is there any manual way to remove this virus/worm?
    does anybody know wot it does?

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

7. howard_hopkinso

I suggest that you do as SNGX1275 says and use the Symantic removal tool.

I only gave you the Mcafee link because of your internet security suite

But if it`s causing you problems you`d probably be better off with the Symantic tool which are usually very good at doing what they say.

Regards Howard :cool:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.