Brother ink cartridge won't hold ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor122559

My sister has a Brother MFC 210c and somehow when she pulled the cartridge out for me to refill she must have bumped the pressure release button. Does anyone know how to re-pressurize one of these cartridges? It would be a great help as we don't have the money to replace the cartridge at this time. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

If it looks ok visually, you shouldn't have any problems, it's only an air release valve which is depressed when the cartridge is installed.

Thank you. Now if I can manage to get it in without ending up with ink all over everything I'll be doing good. :D I will post back and let you know how it goes.

No, the release valve and the feed valve are both on the bottom. What I did was I had my wife hold the cartridge while I used the refill syringe to to draw air out of the cartridge at the same time that I pushed the release valve pin back in where it belonged. It worked like a charm. I then refilled the cartridges and everything is back in order. Thank you again for your help. It was really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back