Browser problems

Hey all, first time posting.

Heres my problems....

Dell xps pc 730x
windows 7 64bit
intel i7 cpu 2.67
avast antivirus

When i load a game thru my web browser..firefox, explorer, etc. Like itunes store, battlefield heroes, bf 3, any game that uses the web brower it times out when connecting to a server. Now when i play wow, dc universe, eq 2 i have no problems connects just fine. Steam works fine.

I turned off avast, and windows firewall and still no luck...i reinstalled browsers no luck.

Now when i use my laptop I have no problems with anything and it has avast installed on it.

Which tells me it is my pc that has the problem.

Now the only think different from my pc and laptop is before i put avast on my pc i use to have norton on it. (not sure if that has anything to do with it or not) Norton was uninstalled to the best of my knowledge.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I turned off avast, and windows firewall and still no luck

Frequently, games need access to servers and to have ports opened to your system
(hence the need to use a firewall).

Enable the firewall, use your browser to find the ports necessary for your game(s),
and then enable those ports for in/out, udp/tcp from any ip

Have you tried resetting internet explorer settings or disabling all add-ons except those required by the game?

Have you tried resetting internet explorer settings or disabling all add-ons except those required by the game?

yeap, tried firefox with no luck also....also cant access i-tunes store thru i-tunes...that page for the store loads with just words..no graphics or anything.

I tried the enabling ports...will try again.

thanks guys for the help sofar.

I wish i could just reinstall windows 7 but i dont have the disk...got it installed free buy getting a pc right before it was released. Which dell gave me windows 7 free upgrade when it came out.

also cant access itunes store thru itues..
hmm; iTunes store is accessed using port 80, just like the browser - - for everything (text & graphics).

I would suspect some kind of filtering on you PC. As a test, disable your antivirus and
malware programs (all of them) but leave your firewall active.

Back