Browser Redirect Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues with the browser IE on my home computer. Certain pages display fine (cnn.com, foxnews.com, etc.), but others redirect to google. Google links also redirect to strange pages. I'm sure there's a bug of some sort on my computer. I have followed the 8-step program and my logs are attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wow i kinda have this problem too with my own home computer but i never really thought ne thing of it.... Weird....

Hi :

Posting a HijackThis Log run in "Safe" Mode provides incomplete Info ; IF at all
possible, rerun the Scan in "Normal" Mode and Post its "Log" . In addition, you
have an outdated and
malware-prone Adobe Reader . Recently, Researchers found a new hackertoolkit that uses nothing but Adobe securityleaks in order to infect systems. "PDF Xploit Pack" ( http://www.trustedsource.org/blog/15...e-PDF-Exploits )adds all kind of exploits to PDF-files. When a certain exploit has successfully infected the OS, the IP address is sent to the attackers, so they need to try again. This to reduce the time it takes to manage the bots.

Use of PDF-files is becoming more and more popular among malcreants, this because other toolkits also have PDF exploits now. A year ago only 3% of the exploits were PDF directed.

So, it would seem wise to uninstall this "reader" and use the safer "Foxit Reader"
or "CutePDF" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back