Browser Redirect Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I hope you can help as I am not very techie and I have a bad problem all my searches are being redirected I have scanned with all the anti spy ware but it keeps coming back and this is the Wife's computer and don't need the greif

All help would be most grateful

J

Hijack this log and Malwarebytes screen dump!

Hi tystanwick

Thanks for have a look for me, I have done what you asked but the Malwarebytes keeps having problems so i did a screen dump sorry best i could do
Cheers for all your help, its after 2am going to be bed will check to see if there is a reply in a few hours

J

Well, going by your HJT logfile, everything looks OK. Im not sure if you are running in selective startup or not though. If you go to Start-->Run--->type "msconfig" (without the quotes) it will bring up the M$ config utility. Please make sure "normal startup" is ticked. If its not, please do so then submit another HJT log.

tystanwick

I have just done a log report as you requested ,now I really off to bed will check in the morning

Jase

Thanks for all the help

HJT looks clean. If you'd care to run one more scan jsut to be certain, you can try combofix. Get it here:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html
or here:
http://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

When saving combofix to your PC, rename it to 123.com so malware won't disable it. Launch combofix (now titled 123.com), allow it to download and install the Recovery Console if it prompts you. Once the scan starts, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PC, clicking anywhere while combofix is running is enough to make your system become non-responsive. Be forewarned that combofix will make your desktop dissapear and will also reboot your PC as needed. This is normal.

Once combofix has run, post its logfile here, if you like. If not, you should be all set.

Browser Redirect Problem

Hi tystanwick

The program found some problems during the running of the program, I have attached the log file as per your request let me know if you find any nasties

Cheers for all your help on this and if you need a ref let me know

Jase

Looks like combo found the remenants of the SKYNET virus. Hopefully it took care of the issue.

If you like, run HJT and MBAM again and post those logs here one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back