Browser redirects

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugs02

For about 24 hours, I've been having some issues with my browsers (IE and firefox) redirecting me to various spam websites. I've tried everything to remove them and done a whole bunch of scanning... but I haven't really had a luck removing 'em.

My educated guess is a DNSChanger Trojan was installed some how... and I can't seem to trace/track when or how it happened.

I attached some log files to this post

This is typically caused by Malware, you have done a scan,.but your log shows no action taken, you should rescan and repair the malware.

I've tried going into the registry and deleting those keys.

IT's in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\videosoft .... when trying to delete, it says Cannot delete video soft: Error while deleting key

I don't know why you're trying to delete that key, unless you want to uninstall the software?
The first thing you should be doing is rerun your MalwareBytes scan and remove the 3 infections.
I'm not a virus/malware expert, but I have noticed the "no action taken" in the log, and therefore, you should take action ;)

Okay... I deleted the items.. and re-scanned with Malwarebytes. Attached is the log.. it's clean... nothing found.

But I'm still getting the browser redirects.

Thanks!
All we can do now is wait for someone to go through the logs.
Have you gone through the complete "8-step" process?
This issue has also been VERY popular in this forum,
have you checked the other threads to see if any of the solutions apply to you?

Yeah... I've gone through the 8 step process. I know it was, that's why I signed up to the forum.... while doing random google searches for this problem, it was this forum that had people with this kind of problem.

The annoying thing is... it's random.. so I can't lay my finger on where the problem is exactly. If I go to a normal website like... bungie.com ... or yahoo.com ... or something regular like that.. there are no problems whatsoever ... but when I search for... something like... Browser redirects on Google... one of the links I click on, more than likely takes me to a random spam website that my firewall starts warning me about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back