Brutal stop errors

By somenewguy
Mar 8, 2009
  1. I'm getting blue screens faster than I can do stuff. In the process of signing up and making this post, I've gone through three of them. All pretty much the same.
    Problem signature:
    vista home premium
    It happens often, so often that I can almost no longer use my lap top.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

I am also wondering if you are infected.
  3. somenewguy

somenewguy TS Rookie Topic Starter

The problem is still occurring, and I'm down to a very small amount of recently installed programs. A nvidia driver that was installed post-occurrence, and also ms .net framework 3.5. I'm really running out of ideas of what the problem could be as far as recent drivers.

Attatched are the 4 most recent minidumps, all of which occureed in the last hour and a half.
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

All four minidumps are 0xC5 but this time two of them definitively gave the driver NETw5v32.sys which belongs to your Intel Wireless WiFi Adapter. Either uninstall and reinstall current drivers or update.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.