BSOD-0008e-- boots in safe mode

Hi- I have a dell xps with an intel array control an dit suddenly started blue screening. The only thing I can see from the dumps refs ntoskernal. I've changed memory and video card w/o helping. Any idea how I determine which driver may be the culprit? Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• Mini101510-04.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini101210-14.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
Read both minidump files and they only cite Windows OS drivers which from a diagnostic point aren't much help. However, both are 0x8E errors and though sometimes they can be caused by drivers they are almost always caused by hardware.

These errors particularly can be a strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Can you link us to both your motherboard and the current RAM you are using?

Thanks. Its a dell xps gen 2 system with a p4 2.5 ghz processor.i'm using pc3200u memory, two banks. I have tried one bank at a time and I have changed memory with working memory from another system using different memory slot combinations and even single pieces. Same error. I can't move the drives to another system because the array controller goes to some daughter board in the chassis and the drives connect to the regular spots on the system board. I appreciate any insight you may have. Thanks alot- aaron

Dell might have its own memory tester installed. Check out their diagnostic tools and if it is there then run it.

If not...

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Back