TechSpot

BSOD 0x0*24

By Chris199107
Apr 18, 2009
  1. Hello i have had this problem before with my dell but it was under warrenty so i could send it off, it has now run out so i cant i am trying to avoid paying for it :p any

i start my computer all going fine i get the options

safe mode
    safe mode Command Promt
    safe mode networking
    Last Woking Cofnig
    Etc..
    Even The F8 after selection

no matter what i press i get this stupid blue screen which u all probally read about

the error code is 0x00000024 and i have no idea on it how to fix it i have searched across a number of fourms so i decided to post if any of you can help me on this is would be a great help, also i aint the best with computer so make it easy as possible for me to do! thanks for your help

2. jcgriff2

jcgriff2 TS Rookie

Bugcheck 0x24 refers to some problem with the NTFS file system - the hard drive.

Run chkdsk /r then re-boot. chkdsk will run upon system boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

3. Chris199107

Chris199107 TS Rookie Topic Starter

how dow i do that please i am clueless

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

It is always necessary to tell us what operating system you're using. Not only are the path for performing a function different, but the meaning of an error message can be different.

The Event Viewer is always a good place to get information. If you checked yours, you would likely see something like this:
    Direction for Windows XP:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Most of the problems leading to this event indicate faulty hardware, bugs in device drivers or incompatible hardware.

NOTE: You will be looking for the Error corresponding to the time of the error message. Please do not paste the entire log. And you don't need to include the lines of code-if any-in the box below the Description.

To do the Check Disc (Error Check)
    My Computer> right click on Local Drive- usually C> Properties> Tools tab> Error Check> check both boxes on screen that comes up (fix and scan)> Apply> OK> Close the nag message and reboot.

The error checking will begin in a few seconds. IF you haven't done this before, it will take a while. Let it finish. The system will reboot itself when through.

Let u know status after this has completed. Please include the OS (Win XP?, Vista?)

5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.