BSOD 0x0*24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i have had this problem before with my dell but it was under warrenty so i could send it off, it has now run out so i cant i am trying to avoid paying for it :p any

i start my computer all going fine i get the options

safe mode
safe mode Command Promt
safe mode networking
Last Woking Cofnig
Etc..
Even The F8 after selection

no matter what i press i get this stupid blue screen which u all probally read about

the error code is 0x00000024 and i have no idea on it how to fix it i have searched across a number of fourms so i decided to post if any of you can help me on this is would be a great help, also i aint the best with computer so make it easy as possible for me to do! thanks for your help

Bugcheck 0x24 refers to some problem with the NTFS file system - the hard drive.

Run chkdsk /r then re-boot. chkdsk will run upon system boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

It is always necessary to tell us what operating system you're using. Not only are the path for performing a function different, but the meaning of an error message can be different.

The Event Viewer is always a good place to get information. If you checked yours, you would likely see something like this:
Date: date
Source: System
Error Time: time
Category: (102)
Type: Error
Event ID: 1003
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER
Description: Error code 00000024 plus additional information.
Direction for Windows XP:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)
Most of the problems leading to this event indicate faulty hardware, bugs in device drivers or incompatible hardware.

NOTE: You will be looking for the Error corresponding to the time of the error message. Please do not paste the entire log. And you don't need to include the lines of code-if any-in the box below the Description.

To do the Check Disc (Error Check)
My Computer> right click on Local Drive- usually C> Properties> Tools tab> Error Check> check both boxes on screen that comes up (fix and scan)> Apply> OK> Close the nag message and reboot.

The error checking will begin in a few seconds. IF you haven't done this before, it will take a while. Let it finish. The system will reboot itself when through.

Let u know status after this has completed. Please include the OS (Win XP?, Vista?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back