Not open for further replies.

IcePrincess

Hi!

Make/Model of the computer : Acer ASpire 5633WLMi
Operating system : Vista
CPU : 1.66 Ghz (is that it?)
ammount of RAM 2GB DDR2

Okay here is there problem.
I bought my computer a year ago and ever since I have been having troubeling with my USB connection. Sometimes it works just fine and sometimes my laptop just won't connect and says the USB is damaged. Which I strange because I never have problems with my mouse bu also always had problems with my internal webcam. I thought those two problems relate but hey I don't know much about computers I'm learning.

Last year I had one BS and it never returned.
Yesterday I got 4 BSOD. And I think that 0x0000007 was the error. But I'm not sure.
It happened when my USB and laptop didn't connect and I got frustrated so I did ... harddisk control (? I don't know the real translation, it's an extra for checking your computer on errors).

I put my USB in the laptop. It didn't connect. I pulled it out and poof! BSOD. My laptop restarted over and over. Then I thought it was solved but after I had read the message of the BSOD, I got another one out of the blue.

Then I had to do systemrepair (kind of wizard) and now everything is back to okay but... I don't trust it anymore.
What is wrong with my computer? Do you need those minidump files? Help me I'm deperate and emotionally attached to my laptop :p.
No seriously I'm devastated....

Thanx already. All help is welcome.

If you look in C:\WINDOWS\minidump there will be .DMP files in there. On your next reply please attach 3-4 of the most recent ones and we will be more than happy to look them over for you.

Minidump

In the attachement my minidumps from this year. Hopefully you'll be able to find something.
Thank you so much already!

(ps: sorry for all the lame mistakes in the previous entry)

Attachments

• MiniDumpIcePrincess.zip
    86 KB · Views: 9
Minidump 112308-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
Probably caused by : lv321av.sys

lv321av.sys is the USB Camera Driver - Acer OrbiCam - Logitech

Possible solution

Uninstall the driver for Acer OrbiCam - Logitech from the add/remove programs list and see if your system becomes stable. If so download the most recent drivers from http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5600.html

Select the driver for your operating system and "Acer OrbiCam (Logitech). Download and install it after removing the old drivers.

Thanks! I've deleted the driver but I haven't reinstalled it. But that's not a problem right? I'm going to do it when I see that my system is stable again.

How do you read such a minidump file. I doubleclicked on it and it openend in Visual Basic but I didn't see anything...

We read the minidumps with a little program called "debugging tools for windows" also known as "windbg" Setting it up can be a pain, but here are quite a few guides out there on how to get it working properly.

If you encounter any more issues with your computer blue screening, please do not hesitate to let us know about them. We will be more than happy to assist you with further issues should any arise.

Again...

Here I am yet again.

Make/Model of the computer : Acer ASpire 5633WLMi
Operating system : Vista
CPU : 1.66 Ghz (is that it?)
ammount of RAM 2GB DDR2

Just a few minutes ago I had a BS. Again this 000000007. This is what I got, maybe it's interesting to know. I don't know. I really whish I could get rid of this problem.

BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8D4A1A3D
BCP3: 88D578F8
BCP4: 88D575F4
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Last night my USB drivers again didn't work and my computer somehow know the webcam is still there. Eventhough I deleted the program as you said. I'll include the minidump.

I really hope someone could help me out, again...

Your error is again 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues

The driver cited is, again from previous reads, lv321av.sys. If you deleted the webcam software there is a good chancethat some driver remnants of the software are still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back