BSOD 0x00000024

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedhelpnowplz

windows xp starts to turn on then gives message with all the mode options (regular, safe, safe w/ networking, last functional one etc) all of the options start to load with the xp logo and loading bar but then switches to BSOD exact words of it are

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x62F6AB00, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

i cant do anything it says because i cant run my computer

can anyone please help me

i would also like to try and keep all the files rather than just have them get erased

Here is a more extensive description of your error along with possible causes and "fixes."

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If you can, the first thing I suugest is find the manufacture's website of your harddrive, download and run their free harddrive diagnostic utility, and run the tests.

* Get back to us with the results. I also suggest backing up all your important information.

I didn't mention anything about running commands into a blue screen. Your error is a strong indicator that you may have a harddrive either with bad sectors or the possibility of failing. It isn't the only cause but with this error it is prudent to diagnose the harddrive.

You could slave your harddrive into another system and diagnose it from the main harddrive. Do you have second PC or a friend that has some tech knowledge how to slave your drive? This way you can dianose from his PC and if need be transfer your important files, etc. either by burning to a DVD, flash drive, or an external harddrive.

do you think it would be possible to use take out his hard drive and put mine in and see if it works to tell if its not the hard drives causing the problem

btw i tried to slave it to another computer but their was only 1 ribbon connecting cable

possible to use take out his hard drive and put mine in and see if it works to tell if its not the hard drives causing the problem
Not likely.
The differences between your two computers will (unless they are VERY similar) generate blue screens for different versions. (Wrong drivers for MB, Graphics etc).
Friends MB could have more than one connector for HD cables.
In this case use your cable on the next connector.
If only one connector, then your local computer store should have a two drive cable...
"IDE Hard Drive Cable HDD x 2

BUT that raises another question... is your friends computer designed for sata while yours is ide, or vice versa? If so, again, you have compatibility issues. I don't know if a two drive sata cable is even possible (I know... so "last decade" but I am still running an ide system).

Running Chkdsk /r from the recovery console usually fixes ntstatus code C102. You need the Windows CD to run the recovery console.

C0000102 STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

i have no cd since dell is stupid so how else could i obtain a disk or do it (i highly doubt ill be able to slave a drive properly)

But you can run Chkdsk /r from your Run box in your Start menu as peterdiva recommends.

Okay, then let's approach this from another direction. Run memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test it boots almost immediately as your PC is booting up and engages long before you get to the XP load screen.

See link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

I'm not saying corrupted memory is your issue but bad RAM has been known to cause crashes at the Windows load screen.

Make sure it runs a minimum of 7 Passes.

Just use your Windows CD and boot from it
Select the first R prompt, to log into the recovery console
Press 1 then Enter
Then type: chkdsk C: /f then press enter
Or type: chkdsk C: /R if it cannot find "F"

You can just as easily download any free boot disc that carries Check Disk ... H e r e 's a simple Xp Recovery Console Boot Disc
Free ImgBurn ISO burning application Download: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

once i burned the iso file to the disk using the imgburn program it WORKED FINALLY

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back