BSOD - 0X0000007B - Help, Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened: I went to reformat the computer. Reformat went through, But whenever I get to the windows splash screen, seconds later I get the Blue Screen of Death.

No new hardware, no new anything - Was simply reformatting to get rid of -everything- i had on the computer.

Computer, Up until then was running fine (minus the spyware I felt like reformatting because of.)

The exact error is -> 0X0000007B (0XBACC3524, 0X0000034, 0X000000, 0X000000)

I'm at a loss, I don't really know what I can do to fix the computer, and I can't really afford to get it looked at professionally.

Computer stats, If needed are..

XP Pro
Intel Pentium D Processor - 3.4GHZ
2gb PC4200 533MHZ (DDR2) Ram - (1GB x's 2.)
BFG 7900 GTX 512mb Video card.
500GB Raid 0 Stripe (2x's 250gb Sata 7.2)

Thanks in Advance, I'm pretty desperate to get this fixed.

Just to note, I know a *little* about compuiters. I've read the top thread about errors, but don't understand it very well.. Just kinda hoping someone that knows a bit about computers can help lead me through what I need to do. :\

Or non standard Windows setup CD (did you use an authentic Windows disc?)

I used a windows XP pro cd that came with this pc that i'm on - a dell.

(Both, copies are Legit versions, I don't pirate software.)
To make it clear..

But it's an OEM copy of Windows XP pro that doesn't belong to that computer - Can that be it?

And if it is.. How exactly do I get Windows XP Pro installed if I can't find the disk for that PC? :X

You may be able to purchase the exact recovery CD for your dell model from Dell :)
If they hold your models recovery CDs, then they will sell it to you at reduced cost

But actually I still think driver issue, on that F6 option, when installing Windows

Using your Dell computer (if possible) go here and download all drivers for your model: Dell Drivers

Ahh - You misunderstood me - This computer i'm on at the moment is a dell!

The other computer that's down is custom built, no make/model, just thrown together.

The CD i used to install windows on the other computer is this computers Windows XP Pro(dell) - It has the dell stamp tagged on the CD as well.

Sorry for not making much sense! I've been up all night messing with the PC :p It's 9:30am now! heh. :[

Edit X's 2: Just to add a little mores
Downloads for my mobo at the Asus site - (775 series, P5ND2) - Couldn't direct link, I can't until I post a few more times!

On my other PC - I hit f6 while booting and it brought me to this thing where I specify additional devices.

Is there something I should get from the Asus site to use there?

Oh I see

Well Dell do make Windows labeled Setup CDs
But usually (well always actually) these are recovery CDs
Which means
1. It shouldn't have worked on another computer (they have this coded into the CD)
2. If it did work, it's likely that its installed the incorrect drivers (you will need to locate the drivers on that motherboard)

But here's the best answer :)

XP Pro: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116515

XP Home: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511

Asus drivers: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I appreciate all the help.

Seeing what I can do with the drivers now.

Hopefully it doesn't really come to me forking over cash for yet another copy of WINxpPro. =/

If I brought it in somewhere, would they install it for me? (Considering the PC does have the windows XP pro sticker on the back of itt...)

I almost think it'd be cheaper to get it done that way.

Ironically, highly likely yes !

But...

If you ever need to Repair or re-install Windows, guess what !

The service may cost you just above half as much what the disc is worth
By the way, you should checkout the Home link (it's cheap and it's SP3)

Removed this joking wow part, that I think Faded got (well I thought it was funny!)

Just wanted to say thanks for the help, F6->Drivers was indeed the problem. The dell Windows disk did work and all is well. :) Computer is back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back