BSOD 0x0000007e

I had a hard drive that seemed to be faltering. WinXP would freeze for a moment or two then resume. Also, recently, whenever the computer would reboot, it would automatically run chkdsk. I installed a new hard drive, a few moths ago and cloned the os to it using Acronis. Before switching over to the new drive, I thought I'd try throwing in a new power supply that I had laying around, thinking it might be a power issue. I went from an Antec 500 to 650. I am now getting the 0x0000007E BSOD error when trying to get into WinXP normally. This occurs no matter which hd I boot from. I ran chkdsk /r on both hd's and did a fixboot on them both as well, nothing. Prior to that I booted from the XP install disk and ran the repair module. I also, unseated and reseated my video card. No luck. I am able to boot into safe mode. Not sure what to do next.

(FIXED) BSOD 0x0000007e

After reading another BSOD 0x0000007e post, I tried removing my video card in Device Manager and voila! Now all I have to do is download the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site and reinstall, I'm guessing. Odd though that they were working before and then all of the sudden, not. From a technical perspective could the drivers just have been corrupted? Happy Days!

Before installing new drivers I recommend uninstalling the old drivers from Add or Remove Programs.

After reading another BSOD 0x0000007e post, I tried removing my video card in Device Manager and voila! Now all I have to do is download the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site and reinstall, I'm guessing. Odd though that they were working before and then all of the sudden, not. From a technical perspective could the drivers just have been corrupted? Happy Days!

That's good since I've switched from XP to 7 for the same reason and the same error code showed up I began to search online for an answer and i found one from a site where it worked but this one is much simpler than the other one thanks.

Back