BSOD 0x0000007F

Status
Not open for further replies.

akabubblbutt

hey, i have recently been getting a bsod with an error like 0x0000007F and this only happens when i start up my computer. I have researched the error and it could either be the ram or the kernel space/norton antivirus something like that. I have ran tests on the ram and other hardware for about 7 hours and it shows that it is not the hardware but the software. I went to the symantec site for support on this problem and they tell me to add this dword key in the registry but when i go into my regedit and try to add it to the destination it tells me to i get this window that pops up and tells me Error: Cannot Create Value =\ i was just wondering if anyone would know how to configure a setting or some sort of thing that would enable me to create the key in the registry. Thx

You could try uninstalling norton, and trying a free alternative, which work just as well, if not better. Avast and AVG are popular ones.

Also, zip some minidumps, at least 5, from "C:\windows\minidump" and post them here so they can be analyzed. Make sure they are the latest ones.

lol, im sorry but im confused i meant like how do i zip them using winrar and how do i post it on here. lol sorry for being a 14 year old kid - not kidding haha

download winrar, then select the dumps, right click, and select "add to rar". post here using the go advanced button, there is an option for attaching files, max 100kb. so use attach the most recent 7 dumps.

6 crashes at "ntkrnlmp.exe" with a bugcheck of 7F

The Stop 0x7F message indicates that one of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode:

• A condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept (also known as a bound trap).

• Software problems.

• Hardware failures.

Possible Resolutions:

Stop 0x7F messages are typically due to defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

Running the CPU beyond the rated specification, known as "overclocking," can cause Stop 0x7F or other error messages due to heat buildup. When diagnosing problems on overclocked systems, first restore all clock and bus speed settings to the manufacturer recommended values to determine if this resolves the issues.

The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.

Stop 0x7F messages can occur after installing incompatible applications, drivers, or system services. Contact the software manufacturer about possible Windows XP specific updates. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

I think you should try uninstalling Norton, and installing a free alternative, and see if the problem stops. Try Avast or AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back