BSoD 0x000000D1. Vista 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Techspot.

I have been experincing alot of BSoD's in a period of 2-3 months now. It has increased in the last month. Most likely it goes BSoD when i play WoW or other full-screen games.

The latest BSoD code was: 0x000000D1.

I am running Vista 64-bit. I have tried to update all drivers. I have tried chkdsk. I am running low of ideas, and i am very desperate! :(

0xD1 errors are usually caused by fauty drivers though mismatched or faulty memory can also be the cause.

Do these errors only occur when gaming or at other times?

I am assuming you updated your video card drivers. Did you unstall the old drivers first and use something like Driver Sweeper before installing your new drivers?

0xD1 errors are usually caused by fauty drivers though mismatched or faulty memory can also be the cause.

Do these errors only occur when gaming or at other times?

I am assuming you updated your video card drivers. Did you unstall the old drivers first and use something like Driver Sweeper before installing your new drivers?

Thanks for the answer.

I have updated the drivers to the latest on n-vidia's homepage, but i haven't used a driver sweeper tool. I just used the default windows uninstall.
It also accour when streaming videos: "youtube.com, watchnewfilm.com" and so on.

How can u check the memory? i have been running some Hardware tests, but the found nothing`. Any good way to test hardware? :)

Again thanks for the answer.. :)

Use Memtest version 4.0 that Archean linked you to. Keep in mind that this test needs to run for a minimum of 7 Passes (there 8 individual tests per Pass) and it takes a long time but well worth it.

If you want to diagnose your harddrive go to your HD manufacture's website and download and run their free harddrive diagnosis utility. Make sure you run their long version as well as shorter versions of the tests.

What is the make of your video card and how long have you had it?

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure it works with your 64-bit Vista) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Get back to us with the results.

Thank you very much for the fast and very usefull answers. I will try it today after school, and hopefully i works!! :)

You guys know whu are what you are talking about.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back