BSOD 0x000007F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone PLEASE help me? I was fixing my cousin's computer (or so I thought.) She has a Dell desktop computer. She had Internet Security 2010 along with other various malware, adware, trojans.) I used MBAM and it seemed to resolve MOST of the issues she was having.

I was also repeatedly getting "DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly" and "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem". The DCOM message wanted to force a restart, which i aborted to finish the MBAM scan and a scan with AVG anti-rootkit. The anti-rootkit didn't find anything. However, 10 minutes later, I ACCIDENTALLY clicked for AVG antivirus to heal a file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\6334.exe. I am not sure what happened with it after that.

The computer seemed to be running fine, though, and Windows wanted me to install updates. This required a restart of the computer. And now I'm caught in a loop of a BSOD screen:

0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I can't do ANYTHING. It won't let me even start in safe mode. Was this caused by that 6334 file? And is there anyway to fix it? Can anyone please help me?

There is a very strong possibility this system is still infected. Can you take out the harddrive and access it through another system by slaving it in said system?

Route44 -

Thank you for helping me! I personally don't know how to do your suggestion. But, I have a friend coming over Sunday who has the know-how when it comes to hardware. After we do that (make it a slave) - what other steps should we do?

Well you should be able to access your harddrive through his system. This way you can back up all your important data, do further virus/malware scans, and definitely do a harddrive diagnostics.

Go to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at TechSpot and read thoroughly the Updated 8 Step sticky. Do those steps on your harddrive because there is a very good chance you are still infected.

Then after comp-letoing the 8 steps post on that forum with the required three logs.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back