TechSpot

BSOD 0x00000F7 and other errors

By thomja
Nov 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey

I upgraded my PC by inserting a new motherboard, a compatible CPU, and a new SSD.

These are my current specs:

ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Socket-1155

Intel® Core i7-3770 Processor

Intel® SSD 520 Series 180GB 2.5"

Western Digital Caviar® Green 2TB

RAM: 8GB PC3-10600 MB/sec (All the info I can get)

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 2GB

Fractal Design Tesla 550W PSU

So my problem is the I can random BSODs. I get it like 1 minute after I start up WoW. While I am in the game then I get the BSOD. I have gotten it once outside of the game while watching a youtube clip but did'nt check the adresses of that BSOD. I managed to take a picture via a webcam that might be to some help.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3898/20121101130954694.jpg

I also was not able to run memtest, I used their installer and installed it on my USB, set it to the first booting device, and booted. Odly I just got asked which OS I wanted to boot and then got a blue screen. I have 2 operative systems up, one on the SSD and one on the 2 TB HDD. I went on to run a windows experience index test and that frooze the computer after awhile. I cut the power and re-booted it and deicded to try it again. The time the windows experience index program just crashed.

What can be wrong?!

Maybe I need to change RAM?

I have also installed all the drivers with the CD that came and I have bene running windows update several times.

2. thomja

thomja TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 93

3. khagesh

khagesh TS Rookie

Go to c:/windows/ there will be folder called minidump copy and paste it on desktop.then using winrar compress it into zip file and upload that zip file here

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the files with the .dmp extensions. Right-click and send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder here

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.