BSOD 0x07b and chipset drivers are gone

By detoam
Feb 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have an Acer Aspire 5552.
    Today I was trying to burn a backup onto a DVD and it failed. It would not let me access the drive either. Then the system simply crashed to the BSOD with error 0x0000007b. Which meant that some hardware failed. I tried, unsuccessfully, to restart the system and to repair the start up. I was finally able to get into the F8 menu and started the system with the "Last Known Good Config" option. The system started okay, but I am missing the drivers for my DVD, Audio and Daemon drive. The system has been acting weird lately. I have also ran the CHDSK command and are scanning, again, for viruses.
    As I was typing this the system randomly changed windows and this browser window went back two steps.
    I am loosing my mind here and honestly have no idea what to do anymore. Reinstall is no longer an option. I simply have way too much info on this system that will be lost as well as many settings that are simply too time consuming to redo if possible at all.
    I am also having very hard time finding the chipset drivers for this computer. It's an AMD 785GX chipset for netbooks. Acer has no such download (no surprise really) and I can't find it on AMD site. If You know where I can find it please tell me.
  2. detoam

detoam TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

Okay. Fixing audio was easy enough. I removed the driver completely and installed new one.
    The DVD was a bit harder. Have to edit registry. This is what I did, just in case someone needs it.

Still wondering though if someone knows where I can find chipset drivers, though