BSOD:0x1000000a (0x03bfffec, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x82a64cef)

I just recently built a new HTPC and have been getting a bugcheck bsod with the above error codes. I only get this BSOD when I'm watching a movie and it doesn't happen until about an hour into it. I've attached several of the minidumps. I'm running on Windows 7 32-bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DMP.zip
    64.2 KB · Views: 2
Both dumps specifically cite that your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM. Have you ever run this test before?

I've started memtest and 12 min in I had 998 errors. Is it time to call the manufacturer and get them replaced? I just got them about 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: I only receive errors during test #5 if that matters.

That sucks. You'll have to get it replaced. Have you isolated which of the sticks is giving you the errors?

I was getting BSOD randomly due to memory problem 6 months or so after I built a new system. Didn't think it would happen but somehow that module failed.

it doesn't matter what test; if there are errors you have bad RAM. It is not uncommon for even new RAM to be shipped defective.

The only other thing I would check before doing an RMA is to check the voltage settings of your memory and compare it to the manufacture's specs.

I didn't bother taking the time to see which one was giving me problems since I bought two sticks together. I'll have to RMA them both anyways. Question though: If the memory isn't compatible with my mobo can it also cause errors in memtest? The reason I ask this is I'm getting them replaced by the same kind of ram.

Yes, incompatible RAM with your motherboard can certainly cause memory issues. Ask the manufacture if their memory is compatible with your exact motherboard.

Back