BSOD 0x1000007e, first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Solved]BSOD 0x1000007e, first time

hey,
tonight my computer restarted and when I woke up this morning, this is the error message I saw in windows (7)

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1044

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:	1000007e
  BCP1:	FFFFFFFFC0000005
  BCP2:	FFFFF88000C05141
  BCP3:	FFFFF880033D2668
  BCP4:	FFFFF880033D1ED0
  OS Version:	6_1_7600
  Service Pack:	0_0
  Product:	256_1

if you need the .XML log thingie I can add that as well on request.

my computer starts a virus scan every night at 1 AM so this when this happened, about 2.29AM (as read from minidump creation time) that might have been right at the end of the virus scan time.

this is the first time ive had this BSOD on my computer, I have not installed any new hardware in the 6 months ive had it, but have had some ram problems earlier.
and the lates software installation was about a week ago (this was a game installation so shouldn't be the problem)

attached zip file is minidump

thanks in advance =)

Attachments

• 061310-57470-01.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
I am unsure what may have caused this error at the moment. But the OS driver fltmgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager) has been cited as the culprit in your minidump with 0x7E code i.e. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M which is pretty common error.

This is going to take some effort to get to the bottom of it, please check y our HDD's health, if you know the make/model of your HDD please go to its manufacturer's site, download diagnostic utility and thoroughly check your HDD.

Also run chkdsk /r to see whether there are issues with file system structures so windows can fix it. Regards

i have 5 internal HDDs.
4 Western digital (3 are 6 months old, 1 is 3 years), 1 samsung(4-5 years old)
as well as 1 external (2.5 Inch) 250GB werstern digital passport

ill run a manufacturer diagnostics as well as a test with HD tune to check if there are any sector errors and then ill report back =)

the samsung diagnostics didnt support win 7 x64
but i ran the WD diag on all my discs besides the OS disc, since the diag disconnects the drive its scanning.
but no errors so far. ill make a boot cd to test the last disc tonigt
the S.M.A.R.T. stats are also OK, all my discs passed on all testst there.

the chkdsk /r is set to run on all current discs at next startup, ill post if i notice anything major there or else ill report after my scan of the main disc tomorrow =)

i have now restarted my computer and it had run chkdisk /r on all my HDDs
it took a lot longer than i expected, but seems to have turned without any error messages in my event log. it even ran a defrag of all drives. so 0% frag now.

the first time i got the BSOD might have been random, and i have no idea when or how i might get it next time =P

i think the best would be to w8 and see, if it happens again ill probably be back =P
but at least i have now run a thorough check of all my drives, and defragged all of them =) now i just need to delete all the junk on them... xD.

thanks for all the help so far =), for all i know i might never get that bsod again, who knows?

Lets hope that is the case, let me know if you need any further assistance. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back