TechSpot

BSOD 0x4e PFN_list_corrupt

By jephph
Feb 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys, getting this BSOD on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I'm testing the 8GB of ram with memetest right now. So far, 2 passes with no errors. I'll check drivers after that. Any specific ones I should be looking at? Should I just update all drivers and see if that fixes it? Thanks for any help.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Run 7 passes at least... Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload the folder as a file here

3. jephph

jephph TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 61

Memtest passes 9 times, no errors.
    Minidumps attached.

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Now test the C drive for errors by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put checks in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. If the C drive is an SSD disregard these instructions. The minidumps are pointing to a boot drive problem if you were curious...

5. jephph

Ran ChkDsk overnight, but when I woke up, the comp was at the Windows logon screen. Is there a place I can find the ChkDsk log?

6. Tmagic650

It is not necessary to see the log. Just notice if the computer is running better and the BSOD's have stopped

7. jephph

Ran fine for about a day. But now, I just got BSOD 0x116

8. Tmagic650

New minidump?

9. jephph

Minidump attached.

Attached Files:

10. Tmagic650

This minidump is pointing to trouble with your Nvidia video card or it's driver...

11. jephph

Could both issues be caused by overheating?

12. Tmagic650

Possibly... Why is it hot?

13. jephph

When I first got the computer, the owner said that it wouldn't start, and that she got beep codes that she looked up that indicated that it may be bad RAM. Then, that first BSOD indicated a possible RAM problem. Memtest came up clean. Then, there was the vid card BSOD. Just seems like a lot of hardware issues, that aren't necessarily caused directly by faulty hardware. Haven't checked vents, fans, or heatsinks yet, but will soon.