BSOD 0X7E and 0X50 some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a loss as to what to do next...

BSOD during windows startup. Happens in both regular startup mode and Safe mode. None of the other startup modes (logging, diagnostics, etc.) provide a different result. The error is different between regular startup and safe-mode startup. *NOTE* I cannot even get to command prompt, let alone windows.
----
Regular windows startup mode:
* Windows loading screen appears.
* 2 "bars" of loading complete
* screen changes to BSOD
* Error: 0X0000007E

Safe Mode startup:
* sys files start loading from HD
* last line is at mup.sys
* 1 second later it goes to BSOD
* Near the top of BSOD it says: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"
* Error: 0X00000050
----
I don't know if it will help, but this problem occured when the system was hooked up to a 32inch HD lcd tv as the display instead of its normal 14 inch lcd screen. (They just wanted to see what it would look like i guess.) It seemed to work for a while (don't have exact times, maybe 1 hour or so), then it went to BSOD. Has been like that ever since. Even now back on old monitor. I was thinking the big screen may have been too much for the integrated GPU to handle. That idea have any merit or is the workload on the GPU the same no matter how big the display? If its just the GPU we can get a cheap graphics card as there is a free PCI express slot.
----
What I would most prefer is a pointer to some sort of boot disk that runs like memtest to check the system. I have been looking but I don't see anything like that right now. Maybe I will just try a linux boot disk to see if it can even come up. Maybe its just a simple corrupted display adapter.
----
System Specs:
Processor: Intel 3.06 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB ram (2 x 512)
Graphics: Integrated
----
System posts just fine, I can get to the "F8" options menu as well. There are many options there to try and get past problems like this (even restore last known good configuration) but none of them let me get any further.

When you installed the HD LCD, did you or Windows install drivers? If so, when you went back to your smaller LCD did you first uninstall the new drivers.

Unfortunately I wasn't there during the process, so I don't know with absolute certainty, but I would assume windows did the driver installation (based solely on the tech level of people involved). It did function for a time, so it would seem the driver installation was at least partially successful. I did try "VGA" mode from the F8 startup options and that didn't seem to make a difference. (Its not connected with a DVI cable anyway). They (and I) would not have had a chance to uninstall the old drivers. BSOD all around any way we try to boot it up (even to command line). :(

When you post back:

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I order to do this I would have to crack the case and remove the drive and hook it up to another system. :( The system as it stands is completely unable to load windows. Do you know of any good diagnostics software that can run operating system independent? I would love to burn a bootable CD, and go from there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back