BSOD 0xc0000005 (0x75e9ad23 0x0069f160)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2800+
Memory: 448MB RAM

Good evening all.

I have been kind of lurking this board the last few days to see if I could fix the following problem myself before registering. However, no such luck.

I recently installed the following program:

CorelDRAW(R) Graphics Suite X4

After finding out much to my dismay that the program didn't fit my needs, I as any user would, tried uninstalling the program.

However, when I do so, I get the following BSOD error:

STOP: c000021a (Fatal system error)

The windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of:

0xc0000005 (0x75e9ad23 0x0069f160)

I then figured I'd try removing the program in safe mode. However, still no such luck. I wouldn't get the BSOD though, so I am beginning to think it's a driver problem.

I also did a memory test and came up with 0 errors.

Attachments

• Mini050209-02.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 5
Analaysis of your dumps reveals this crucial information.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. ...
Suggestion:
Right Click on My Computer, Select Properties, Select Hardware, Select Device Manager.

Do you find any yellow triangles or red x's, especially under Display Adapters.
Can you "Roll Back" to an earlier driver for your display adapter?

Others with this issue IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL have been asked to check...
1. Using Memtest, check for memory errors
2. Using ChkDsk (or other hard drive utilities) check for drive errors.
3. Are you certain you are free of virus or malware?

Thank you for responding.

I do not see any red x's or yellow triangles when looking under the device manager.

I haven't ran a ChkDsk for a while, I will try that out soon.

I just ran my anti-virus 2 days ago and was clean. I haven't checked for any malware though. I will run that tonight.

I ran a memtest last night and nothing came up. But I don't recall when I got the memtest from as I am unable to find it again.

Hi g0dfather1984

You can find Memtest here .... www.memtest.org ....

That might well be your problem but I think that your main issue is that the computer is still running on XP Service Pack 1!! .... You really need to update it to Service Pack 3. Continue with the instructions B00kWyrm has given you if upgrading doesn't stop the BSODs.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back