BCP4:	81B85172
  OS Version:	6_0_6000
  Service Pack:	0_0
  Product:	768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041809-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43399-0.sysdata.xml
  C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBB91.tmp.version.txt

It's been crashing like this for the past 2-3 months I've had this computer for about a year and a half and it's custom built. I tried buying new ram but absolutely nothing changed.

Thanks a Lot!

Your first error is 0xA and these are caused by either hardware issues or drivers attempting an IRQ Level they have no business doing so. Unfortunately the dump only cited a Windows OS driver as the cause and it is too general to be of any help.

Your second error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

This dump specifically cited memory corruption as the cause of your problems. You say you got new memory. Did you replace the old or only add to what you already had?

Did you run memtest on your RAM to see if it was good? See this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

I ran memtest and errors came up, so i RMA'd the ram. I just put the new pair in today and the same exact thing is happening. I'm just not sure if the issue is my motherboard or my psu.

Thanks

Check your memory's recommended voltage and then check it against what yiour motherboard has it set at in your BIOS. Are there descrepencies?

Also, what OS are you running?

If you don't mind my interjecting...
1. Did you Memtest the new RAM?
2. Have you considered the possibility of malware? Reason I ask is here...
"incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, "
If you think this is worth exploring... https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

I'm actually fairly sure I don't have an infection. I've reformatted my computer several times and the issue still occurs.

The new ram i bought was to replace a pair of gskill ram i've had for about a year and a half. A couple months ago I started getting a lot of blue screens on my gskill so i decided that it was time to buy another pair. This new pair caused the same blue screens, so i RMA'd it and got this pair which still causes the same issue. I'll make sure to run memtest overnight to double check this pair.

Sorry, I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to work on this computer much. I did run memtest on the new ram and nothing came up. I'm fairly sure its going to end up being a hardware problem of some sort.

On pattern 2 of the video memory test I'm getting a TON of errors that all say "must be 0000 but found FFFF". Not exactly sure what that means

On pattern 2 of the video memory test I'm getting a TON of errors that all say "must be 0000 but found FFFF". Not exactly sure what that means

Wow! The issue here is how many video memory errors you are getting and not so much the error code per se. However, I would certainly contact your video card manufacturer and report how many error codes you received and give then the error code you have posted here.

By the way, snowchick, I never knew of that tool before. Thanks for linking to it.

No problem Route44,

I actually found it a little while ago and was rather impressed. Now we have a tool to check video memory too :)

I was also wondering whether maybe the driver itself is incorrectly referencing memory, could pay to reinstall the driver?

May be a long shot

If you bought the card separately then it depends on the supplier's warranty. Some of them last for 1 year, others for 3 years. They should state it on their website.

If you bought a branded PC, then that depends if you got an extended warranty or not.

I would check with the manufacturer or supplier you got it from. In my knowledge, most warranties are at least 1 year if not longer

Ok, before I sent my video card back, I wanted to throw this out there. After i've been on my computer checking email, and all kinds of stuff that doesn't use the video card my computer gets the bsod 0xA error. I'm worried that it may be my psu or my motherboard rather than the video card.

Thanks

Well in fact your PC is using your video card. It just isn't for gaming. 0xA errors are due to either hardware issues or drivers attempting to access an IRQ Level that they shouldn't. Your video card is certainly hardware that has several drivers installed.

Yeah thanks, I ended up taking the video card out and now I'm running on onboard graphics. Now I can play a game for about 20 minutes but instead of a blue screen the screen just goes black and the computer restarts. I'm thinking I might also need a new power supply or my motherboard is bugging out.

Thanks

Yeah thanks, I ended up taking the video card out and now I'm running on onboard graphics. Now I can play a game for about 20 minutes but instead of a blue screen the screen just goes black and the computer restarts. I'm thinking I might also need a new power supply or my motherboard is bugging out. Thanks

What is the make, model, and the amount of watts it claims to supply?

Oh god... I think I bought it for like 20$ separately but I can't be sure for sure. It was just a cheap little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back