BSOD 5 mins after startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here and will have a look around soon, but for now I had an issue this morning that I can't fix. I have no new installs of soft or hardwear and don't know what else to check. Here is the info I got from the issue. My computer starts up normally, then after 5 minutes or so I get bluw screen. I did a restore from 2 days ago, and that didn't help. I'm wondering if it's a hardwear issue. Thanks for nay help at all. I will check back and reply. Thanks.

Your error is 0x00000027: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
This is a rare and fairly obscure error condition (this is the first time I have ever seen it on these boards). Memory management issues can be one cause, and adding additional RAM commonly will resolve this version of the problem.

The driver is cited is a Windows OS driver rdbss.sys which means Redirected Drive Buffering Subsystem driver. It can mean you have a corrupted USB driver.

Do the following: Start > Run > sfc/scannow > click Okay . let it run and then > Reboot. Does this help?

You may want to try updating your router's firmware and wireless/NIC drivers/firmware.

I ran the sfc program, and am waiting to see if that fixed anything. One thing I noriced is that it completely changes my desktop and got rid of most of my shortcuts. I can always put them back, that's not a problem, but wondering why it did that.

It didn't look like sfc actually ran a program though. what happened after I started sfc is that a small dos window can up for about 1 second and closed itself. That was it. I then restarted and noticed my desktop.

I will report back and thanks for the help.

Well I wish I hadn't done that now. As I'm looking around it seems all my backup jobs from within Geniw soft backup manager is now gone, and then the BSOD returned anyway. I don't know what else sfc has broke, but it seems I just made things worse. Thanks anyway.

oh h*ll no dude. All of my robo form passwords are gone, as well as all my favorites in expolorer. Are you kidding me!

Well then what is working? What can and cannot you access? What is avaliable and is not avaliable. And are you saying there are no restore points to last known good configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back