BSOD 5 times in the last 4 days after none for months

vodkasoda

Can anybody help ? I have had no problems with my system for a long time, now, but suddenly, I have had 5 BSOD crashes in the last 4 days, 2 today, and I can't afford this as I have work to do !!!

I've cut & pasted the data from WINDBG into an Excel sheet, with the 5 crash dumps alongside each other, as I wanted to see if they were all the same, but it looks like the first 3 are the same, but the next 2 are different !!!

However, all 5 of them say "IMAGE_NAME: usbohci.sys", 4 of them say "PROCESS_NAME: ekrn.exe" & one says "PROCESS_NAME: System" (this was the 4th dump and thinking about it, it actually wasn't a BSOD, I had to restart the system manually as it locked up, so that may be a red-herring !!).

Can anybody tell me if I have a single problem & if so what it is ? If I have multiple problems, gulp, I hope not, but any help would be appreciated ...

I have attached the Excel file and 4 of the DMP files (I left out the 1st one as the 2nd & 3rd are almost identical & I was only allowed to upload 5 files) ...

Cheers & thanks in advance ...

Attachments

• Mini083010-01.dmp
    190.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini090110-01.dmp
    182.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini090210-01.dmp
    140.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini090210-02.dmp
    140.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Dumps.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
All four errors point to the Windows USB driver usbohci.sys as the cause of your crashes. However, Window OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help. They more often point out that there is a problem rather than being the problem itself.

In the mix of all four was the Daemon Tools 4.0 driver sptd.sys as being unable to load. This driver a) loads at start-up and b) have given may, many people issues. Try either updating this software or uninstall it.

Thank you Route44, I will give that a try ... sorry it took me a while to get back to you, but I couldn't find my post !!! Also, it hasn't happened since, so again is only seeming to happen in little bursts (I wonder if I've jinxed myself now ?!?!?) ...

BTW, I don't use Daemon Tools, though I may have in the past, presumably I have a registry pointer looking for that driver, which does exist in System32 ?!?

We have seen this Daemon Tool driver appear for many people and causing issues that you are experiencing even after they have uninstalled it. Try to find that driver and delete but be careful that you don't delete anything else.

Back