BSOD after clean Win 7 Install

birdseye06

I had been getting the BSOD on my computer for several weeks, installed a brand new clean Win 7 Home Premium (not the manufacturer's recovery cd) and still get blue screens. The computer will run all day in safe mode. Any ideas?

Thanks.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually

The Windows driver ntbt.sys was cited as your cause of your crashes and it this belongs to the service that implements NetBios over Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol.

Did you build this computer or buy it and if the former give us the make of the motherboard and if the latter the manufacture of your system.

Go to Asus' website, find your exact model and update the latest wireless/NIC drivers and tell us if things become stable.

I was able to successfully install three of six wireless updates from teh Asus website; the others that were unsuccessful gave some sort of hardware failure. The computer is still unstable.

I have become suspicious that the hardware in question is your wireless card especially in the light of the fact that this is a clean install of Windows.

That could be, I've had issues with the wireless driver after an automatic update several times. Is the wireless card something that could be changed out?

Update: I decided to take the computer to a local shop to have the wireles card replaced. The tech there installed new BIOS drivers and said to try that first and come back if that didn't work. It's been a few days now and the computer seems stable now. After about a week, I can declare it fixed.

Thanks again for all your help.

Back