BSOD after gaming for a few mins

TheRooster

Hello, I cannot figure out why I am bluescreening after a few moments of gaming. I have re-installed my OS recently just to be sure I did not have a virus or such and it is still doing. I have all the latest drivers and everything seems to be working fine. I will attach a DXDIAG and two minidumps. Thanks guys ahead of time for the help!

Attachments

• 101411-21918-01.dmp
    159.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 101811-44117-01.dmp
    159.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DxDiag.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 1
Im in the same boat as you except that I had 28 mindumps since the 15th, and thats only the ones that saved. Mine only seems to freeze when im playing nba 2k12. I tried playing TF2 for awhile and I had no issues.

Looking at your crash dumps i saw it mention cdd.dll and dxgmms1.sys. Im interested in seeing a pro debug this one because I also have a couple crashes with dxgmms1.sys . Download the program whocrashed, as this will help you a little in reading those crash dumps.

Im running win7 x64 though, but Im wondering if its a recent microsoft update or ati update thats causing this.

I'm running windows 7 32 bit. And yes I am very intrigued by this. I've never had a problem before. Steam games crash after three mins.

Here is two more mini dumps

Attachments

• 102411-43586-01.dmp
    159.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 102411-50700-01.dmp
    159.9 KB · Views: 1
alright, one of them was inconclusive and the other had svhost (another windows file). Which games are you playing when it crashes. I had all my blue screens fixed.

I had a couple of virus on there because I noticed some weird drivers and went threw a virus scan on this forum. You can click on my name to find that thread post.

What I would suggest is that you get HWMonitor so you can monitor your cpu tempatures. I though i might be overheating so I was monitoring my temps and cleaned out my cpu and videocard. Alot of dust came out, but all in all my tempatures were the same after the fix.

The fix for me end up being reinstalling nba 2k12. That was the only game causing my BSODs and after being declared clean from virus I reinstalled it. No more BSODs. So I guess the install got corrupted somehow. Before you do that though check your game files on steam.

Right click on the game thats crashing you, goto properties, local files, and verify integrity of game cache.

Since you did a fresh install of Win7 all of your system files should be clean.

If you still get crashes after all this you might want to start checking out some of your hardware. Have you ran through a memory scanner to see if any of your ram sticks are going bad? A couple months ago I was getting a bunch of BSODs (not just from gaming) because I had a bad ram stick. Wouldnt even get through 1 Pass on memory scanner.

Back