BSoD after installing a new mobo & cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed a new cpu and mobo into my system. until this experience i always thought i was pretty good with computers, but this has me stumped. Its starts like normal shows the motherboard screen allowing you to hit DEL to enter bios. from there it goes to the screen showing loading OS from cd. it will pull up the screen that reads press F6 to install any third party SCSI or RAID drivers, then it begins all the loading of dll, but right when it would come to the part where it would want me to setup a new partition, see the bsod. my hard drive is formatted, so i could try a fresh start. the message i get is Stop 0x0000007e. then some other number but at the bottom it says "F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c"

The system I have is a BIOSTAR TForce TF720, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, 2 Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2, & OCZ 600W Stealth Xtreme Power Supply.

This matter has been resolved. The only thing I needed to do was buy a newer version of windows XP home edition and it contained all the proper information to get my system up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back