TechSpot

BSOD after Norton Internet Security software update

By able6actual
Dec 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Not sure if its the culprit or not but during a live update I was told of a newer version of the NIS software I was using. I did and it upgraded the software from the 2012 version I was using to the newest version.
    Sortly after I noticed that my internet seemed to be slower and when I did a speed check I found the d/l speed of my system was a lot less when I had NIS Smart firewall running. The next day when NIS did its daily live update it found a software patch for the NIS version I had just installed and it upgraded itself. Didn't see any real improvment in internet speed. I went out for the day and shut my system down and when I returned to use it I powered it up and recieved three (yes 3) BSOD back to back and a minidump was created each time. Each time the system reboot itself and after the third one it boot normally. The BSOD only showed for a split second and all I could gather from the three screens was something about IRQ.
    I compressed all three mini dumps into 1 file
    System : Digital Storm Sniper series
    intel i7 cpu overclocking removed 960 @ 320Ghz
    16gb ram
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,067   +169

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.