TechSpot

BSOD after Windows Vista HP 32 bit upgrade

By strike25
Feb 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just upgraded from Windows XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Everything is running smooth, but when I restart (or start) my PC, it shuts down while booting on the progress bar screen. I get the Blue Screen of Death for about 1.5 seconds, enough to see "PFN_List_Corrupt" - it then reboots, hangs on a black screen for about 1 minute. Windows Vista loads and states it has recovered from an "unexpected shutdown" with the following details:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 4e
    BCP1: 0000009A
    BCP2: 0003E329
    BCP3: 00000006
    BCP4: 00000002
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that will help....
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini022107-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-148093-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE3AF.tmp.version.txt

The only compatibility problem I was aware of when upgrading to Windows Vista was with "Game Port for Sound Blaster Live!" - from surfing, I see no resolution to this, it was suggested to disable/uninstall in device manager, I've done both, but this has not resolved the problem.

I have tried contacting Dell and Microsoft with no help. Please point me in the right direction - any help would be APPRECIATED!!!!!

This is my first post, please let me know if this is the wrong place or if I need to check elsewhere.

THANK YOU.
  2. TheOriginalH

TheOriginalH Newcomer, in training

I am having the exact same problem and was curious to know if you have fixed this. If you have, please share how you fixed it. Thanks.
  3. strike25

strike25 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry, I still have not resolved this problem - I'll keep looking and post if I find something...thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!!!
  4. TheOriginalH

TheOriginalH Newcomer, in training

I think I am close to finding out what the problem is. Last week I removed the sound card (Sound Blaster 5.1) from my computer and was running the system without any errors.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.