BSOD after Windows Vista HP 32 bit upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded from Windows XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Everything is running smooth, but when I restart (or start) my PC, it shuts down while booting on the progress bar screen. I get the Blue Screen of Death for about 1.5 seconds, enough to see "PFN_List_Corrupt" - it then reboots, hangs on a black screen for about 1 minute. Windows Vista loads and states it has recovered from an "unexpected shutdown" with the following details:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 0000009A
BCP2: 0003E329
BCP3: 00000006
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that will help....
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini022107-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-148093-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE3AF.tmp.version.txt

The only compatibility problem I was aware of when upgrading to Windows Vista was with "Game Port for Sound Blaster Live!" - from surfing, I see no resolution to this, it was suggested to disable/uninstall in device manager, I've done both, but this has not resolved the problem.

I have tried contacting Dell and Microsoft with no help. Please point me in the right direction - any help would be APPRECIATED!!!!!

This is my first post, please let me know if this is the wrong place or if I need to check elsewhere.

THANK YOU.

I am having the exact same problem and was curious to know if you have fixed this. If you have, please share how you fixed it. Thanks.

Sorry, I still have not resolved this problem - I'll keep looking and post if I find something...thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!!!

I think I am close to finding out what the problem is. Last week I removed the sound card (Sound Blaster 5.1) from my computer and was running the system without any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back