BSOD and artifacts with COD4 and 8800 gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been playing WOW on my current system for 1 year and it is capable of running COD4 without any problems, only there are problems. I can play for 3-4 hours without any problems and then I get a black screen followed by artifact and then the BSOD! On one occasion I minimized COD4 to desk top and when I restored it the game was back to normal as if nothing happened. I fear that this is the first signs of my card failing... but after just 1 year!

Anyone had these problems before or knows I they can be sorted? Brand new game and cant play it online.. I can play single player though.

HELP!

It wouldn't hurt to check the graphics card cooler for dust buildup.

According to your Minidump file it says it's a graphics driver fault "nv4_mini.sys". Having looked at one of the topics on the WOW website here even though the topic is old it is relevant to your situation.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...4E9F4D2EE9354ACCC68E59?topicId=31183954&sid=1

They say its a common problem and that it is just how the game runs on the Blizzard game engine. Don't know if i would believe it but it might be worth looking into after you've checked your Graphics card.
It does include only a bit of info on how to fix it (This would be something about disabling a memory area in BIOS?) the links posted are dead on how to fix it.
Hope this helps

Kuni, have you made sure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

See here

And also make sure that you have patched CoD 4 to the latest version, latest version is currently 1.7 I think.

See here

This seems like a heat issue. You need to cool it down more. It can be either your CPU or your video card causing that specific file name error.

Your gonna have to run in a cooled environment or put a house fan on it for testing... Always uninstall drivers and reinsal is good. But in your case, thats not the problem. Its a cooling issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back