BSOD and no idea why

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1881

I have looked on google for some days now and finally found this forum, my problem is that my pc at random times goes bsod and restarts, the reasons is most of the time "irql not less nor equal" but have also had "kernel data in page error" and page faulth in no page area" and the last one is "pfn list corrupt".
I have had Microsoft memory tester going for 8 hours and no problem, memtest i have problem with since i don't have a floppy drive. I have run check disk as written on one of the pages, i have removed my swapfile and defraged an restored the swapfile. And still getting the bsod. i have cleaned the inside of my cabinet and still no help.

my pc spec is.
Mobo asrock 939dual-sata2
Cpu athlon x64 (3500+) @ 2200 MHz
grafikkort geforce 7900 gt 256 mb
ram 2 gb of unknown origin
hdd maxtor 6 v200e0 scsi sataII
av/firewall kaspersky but have tried other even avg
printer hp laserjet 1600
Nokia telephone 9300i
keyboard both logitech

I am attaching the last 9 minidumps, as i have no idea how to read them or even to open them.

I am at the end of my rope here hope that someone knows what is wrong, the only help that i get at Microsoft is that there isn't any solution for my problem, they don't even tell me what is the problem!

about memtest

You might want to try burning Memtest to a CD-rom and running it from there, it will work no problem.

Memtest is supposedly far > than windows mem tester, according to alot of internet posts. So perhaps it would be worth giving your ram this test.

Hi, the majority of your minidumps point to a file called klif.sys which is a file in Kapersky Anti-virus. Uninstall Kapersky and try another Anti-virus like AVG which is free or Nod32. Let me know if this helps.

i have uninstalled kaspersky and installed pc-cillin 2007 instead. Sorry but i don't trust avg (had 3 viruses with it, the last made me format the harddrive)
I have also runned memtest the hole night 5 1/2 houres 8 passes and no errors. so i don't think it is the ram, but as it is written on other treads memtest can cheat.
But so far haven't any blue screens.

That error message can be from a number of problems. Virus or spyware damage (run an online scan by Panda or CA) defective cable or a cable that as become loose (remove and reseat all cables, while checking for crimps and defective sockets); Drivers to various devices such as audio, modem, NIC, USB that have been antiquated by a service pack update, or an automatic update; (Drivers will need to be updated). a BIOS change or bios damage can cause it. Failed or failing hard drive is a common cause, and sometimes, but more rarely, memory failure.

speedfan have just shown my core temp. to be at 56c. isn't that to much maybe that is the fault.

Right now after the pc havent been used the core temp went to 58c, But i think that the mobo have a max on 60c

Just happend again 2 times and this, ataching the minidumps.

Mary Christmas and happy new year

Attachments

• Minidump3.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
I suspect the temp of 58c is not the average Core Temp. You may have a motherboard which needs replacement. Be sure your data is saved. On the ones I have seen, they only get worse. If still under warranty, get it looked at now.

After studying the minidump, I find nothing of use. This is merely the information loaded into memory. When the system failed, it unloaded all that was in memory and all that was resident. It is merely code with no useful tracings.

Was scanning the pc with ca's online scanner to see if i was lucky that the faulth was just a virus or something. but instead i got another bsod. this time i wrote down the data shown.

Kernel_data_inpage_error
The stop message was 0x0000007A (0xB05d3600 0xC000009D 0xBA6C02A0 0x42B97860)

SCSIPORT.SYS Adress BA6C02A0 BASE AT BA6B8000, DATESTAMP 41107B4B

I am sending the minidump with, maybee that will show something.

there is still 1 1/2 year garantie on the system so i am thinking about just to send it back to them and let them fight with it.

That is still more information on a memory dump caused by the failrue.
The SCSIPORT line is the hard drive... so both your memory and your hard drive detect a failure from which they cannot continue, or save data.

If it were mine, I would try to save any data, then do a reformat and reinstall of the entire system... as I doubt you are going to get it to work as is. It most likely will get worse.
The minidump still shows nothing useful, except that the system failed.
The unknown memory... did that come with the computer, or did you install it? Are you sure the memory modules are right for that machine
Something is clearly wrong... very wrong... to have a Kernel data inpage error and full memory dumps... but cannot tell what... Memory, hard drive, motherboard, CPU... CPU fan, or power supply. this is not a small issue!
A reformat and reinstall could clean it up, or tell you something must be replaced. AS it could still be a virus or corrupted software.

Does the computer have a brand name and model number, or was it a home built?
If you have access to their tech support, you need to talk to somebody with experience on that motherboard and those components.
Good luck. Please let us know what happens, and the final diagnosis.

Hmmm not good, since I am running on a clean install, this is actual the second time i format my harddisk so that won't help.

I think that i will send the pc back to the shop that i bought it, there is still a year warranty on it, i bought the hole pc as a AMD 64 gamer pc.

Good luck. Please let us know how it all turns out. I suspect they will have to replace something.

raybay said:
Good luck. Please let us know how it all turns out. I suspect they will have to replace something.

Hello everyone, yesterday i got my pc back from repair. You were right in that they needed to replace something. They first found that one ram block was faulty and replaced that. Then on a 7 hour burninn test they also found that the motherboard and cpu was with faults. Then they have been trying to find the spare parts but that wasent possible.
So now i have an upgraded pc and it works, they gave me this back.

Mobo asrock am2nf6g-vsta
Cpu athlon x64 am2 (3500+) @ 2200 MHz
grafikkort geforce 7900 gt 256 mb
2gb ddr2 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back