BSOD Assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday i've been getting bluescreens again on my XP professional box and at the end of my rope.
About a month ago I had vista 64 installed on this box but was getting similar bluescreens, I tried troubleshooting various things but eventually went back to XP pro thinking it was a Vista driver issue.

So i've been on XP pro running great for 3 weeks, didnt install any new software, hardware.
Now i am getting bluescreens such as
"Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area" Stop: 0x00000050 with a refference to nv4_disp.dll

I also got a bluescreen saying a problem with
"Memory_Management"

I rebooted the XP box and immediately got a
"STOP 0X0000007E"
Rebooted again and got an error with
"Stop 0X0000007B"

Rebooted again and it ran fine for a bit.
Finally i got a bluescreen about an hour later
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0X0000000A(0xE0AD8424, 0X00000002, 0x00000000, 0X8051B43b)

These are the same errors i got in Vista! Could be hardware related?
Ive tried researching each error in the past but the errors change so often i am getting abit lost on finding the real problem.
I swapped the ram modules in their slots and rebooted again this morning and it's running ok for now.
though i ran memtest a while ago off bootable ISO, with each stick individually let it run 2+ hrs for 7 passes and no errors.

System specs:
Asus P5E motherboard
Intel Q6600 2.4 ghz- Overclocked to 3.0 ghz
Nvidia GTS 8800 512
2x2Gig DDR2-800 crucial ballistix memory
WD raptor hard drive 10k
WD 250 gig drive
Corsair 520watt power supply
Creative Xfi extreme gamer soundcard
Coolermaster RR-CCH-LB12 fan

This computer was bought new in April and ran fine for months, I moved cross country though and had it shipped. a week or two later i started getting bluescreens. I am guessing it's possible something got damaged....

If this is a hardware failure i would appreciate any help tracking down what it is and replacing the part!
Attached are minidumps if anyone can makes sense of them.

Thanks very much

Latest Minidump:
BugCheck 50, {e7a178f0, 0, 0, 1}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiMakeSystemAddressValidPfnSystemWs+a6 )

Please update all your Motherboard's (or computer's) Drivers
And/Or run Memtest on your Ram

Kimsland, Thanks for the reply. I did update my Bios from Asus after the bluescreens last night. Though i didnt update my Motherboard drivers...ill give that a shot.

Ran memtest on each individual stick for at least 7 passes as the reccomendation here. Found no errors.

Although....Looking in Asus's site the memory i have was not on the approved list for the motherboard. Not sure if i should take that into account.

Please press the GO button, to update all your drivers

Some Service Pack (SP) will pop out a warning message in your default browser, under the address bar
Click on the message "Install ActiveX Control" to continue the installation.

Hello again,

Just to update my situation.
I updated my Asus chipset drivers from the link above about 6 weeks ago and everything was going smooth sailing, no more bluescreens.

However as of last night i received 2 or 3 more, one was a STOP 0x0000 error
and one was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
no real software/hardware installations since then, this machine is my gaming box so i try to keep it clean.

Here are the minidumps attached.
Please let me know if you can take the time to decipher what i should fix next

Inside the 2 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 1A, {780, c0656c70, 82aa91b0, 4c0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: WAR.exe

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8051b275, b2b08b68, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: logonui.exe

Probably WAR game doing this, glad it was sited
Some graphics cards just don't work with it, whatever you do
By the way graphics cards also contain memory that could be faulty. (only test is to replace, in the end)

I'd just replace the RAM chips. Although they may be fine for a long time, they can suddenly turn flacky for a period. In most cases when hardware fails, it fails outright. But on occasion, it can fail intermittently and once in a very long while.

Just buy new RAM chips. Might as well get larger ones while you're at it.

Best,
-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back