BSOD at startup and safe mode is not an option

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows XP Home edition. Upon startup I am coming to a BSOD with the Following error code:

STOP: (0x0000007E, 0x806B3101, 0xF78AA6E4, 0xF78AA3E0)

I can restart and press F8 to get to the option to go to safe mode, when that happen I receive a Hard Error message.

There is no recovery console built in using F12, so that is not available to me. I can get to the setup menu using F2, and that is about it.

Any Thoughts?

Unsure

I am not sure if it is a hardware or a software conflict that is a result of these codes. The only thing that has been installed on the computer was a device install disc for a printer. It was working fine for several days after that, so I am not feeling that this is the cause.

Thanks!

Really sorry for the delay. I have been having issues with my internet. If you can please do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Minidump Files

I have no access to the desktop, windows will not load at all. I can access F2 setup/BIOS, but that is it. I simply get the BSoD before I even hit the logon screen. So I am not sure how I can access those files....any thoughts?

thanks!

Hard Drive

Hello,

Its a Fujistu Hard Drive, and I have the Windows OS for this computer. I have tried to re-install the OS using the CD. Here is what has happened:

1.) I formatted the partition, to insure that there are no previous versions of Windows on the system
2.) It then went to Install and Setup Windows XP onto the system. During this setup process the files could not be copied. It would not complete the set up process.
3.) I am currently running diagnostics using the Ultimate Boot CD, so far I have run the diagnostic on the RAM and I am in process on the hard drive.....

Will keep you posted, unless you can think of something else?

Error Message

I just finished the comprehensive check using UBCD and it has given me an error code of B199A2

I am going to assume that I just need to get the hard drive replaced.

If you think of any thing else let me know.....

Back