BSOD at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Last monday my computer started crashing into BSODs every time it booted in normal mode, with the following error report:

STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005 , 0x8059B5A6,0x00000000)

After trying to update drivers, checking for bad memory etc. I discovered that the problem did not occur when the sound card driver was uninstalled (both the old and updated version). However, today the BSOD also occured some times when I turned on the printer and when I started an online movie (mpg format). I really hope one of you can help me.

Some additional info:

Last sunday I removed a couple of files during spyware cleanup. I tried restoring my system to previous settings, but I've run out of restore points and the problem remains.

My system specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
Motherboard: ASRock P4V88
Memory: Kingston 512 MB pc3200u DDR-SDRAM (two of these)
GPU: ATI Radeon X1650
PSU: ATX-1125BTA R300 (300 W)
Audio: C-Media AC97 audio device

Last sunday I removed a couple of files during spyware cleanup. I tried restoring my system to previous settings, but I've run out of restore points and the problem remains.

Try this ;)

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache

Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

And then have a look at:

UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Edit:

You will need to create a new thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum if you need to submit the logs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back