BSOD at windows startup, after upgrading my PC

Hi guys,

I have an issue after upgrading my PC recently and am having difficulty finding a solution. The problem is a BSOD during the windows 7 splash, right after the POST screen. It happens everytime i turn on the pc with the new hardware installed. I haven't overclocked anything, everything is compatible with each other, plenty of airflow and my CPU temperature (according to BIOS) is well under control at about 29C.

The spec i am attempting to run, is an i7 950 (stock speeds...for now), 6GB DDR3 1600mhz OCZ Platinum, Asus 5770 1gb card, all hooked up to an Asus P6x58D-E board powered by a 500W OCZ PSU. I am using 2 HDD, both of which were from my previous PC, 1 of which contains my OS (windows 7 professional) the other is just for generic storage. I'm fairly stumped as to what the issue is to be honest, I originally assumed it was my PSU, so i have tried a couple of calculators which gave me the same result and shows that 500W is pushing it, but none the less can run the system.

One thing i am unsure of however, and cant seem to find an answer too anywhere, is if my old HDD with windows on contains drivers for my old hardware, would this cause a conflict with anything i wish to use now? If anyone could shed some light on how to resolve my issue and get me to my desktop, it would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Adam

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Back