BSOD - bad ram? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone.

ah man....bsod really sucks. i'm using a dell 4600, xp pro.

installed azureus not too long ago....and not sure if they're connected, but i've gotten the bsod twice since then.

i was reading through some older threads, and thinking my problem could be bad ram. installed an extra 1gig of ram several months ago, but i never saw this problem when i initially installed it......

any help would be much appreciated....thanks in advanced.

event viewer....10/7/2005
Error code 00000096, parameter1 b1cabd5c, parameter2 805694fc, parameter3 805694c0, parameter4 f7799aa6.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

event viewer....9/30/2005
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

will these system errors destroy my data? should i reformat? change ram?

thanks so much!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you zip five or six of your most recent mindumps up, and attach them here, someone will take a look at them.

You can find your minidumps in c/windows/minidumps folder.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

From only two minidumps it`s hard to be 100% sure but, ssrtln.sys would seem to be the culprit.

This a driver for some kind of dvd/cd burning software. Sonic solutions, the makers of roxio etc, seem to be the makers.

What burning programme/s do you use?

I can find no reliable info for the ssrtln.sys driver.

I advise you to uninstall any, and all burning software from your computer.

See if your problem goes away, then start reinstalling the software one programme at a time(this is if you use more than one programme for burning, which isn`t a good idea.), and testing your system.

Regards Howard :) :)

howard,

thanks so much for the advice. i've uninstalled the sonic...i guess it was preinstalled as a dell package.

no bsod's thus far. i'd call that a success.

thanks again.

this site is awesome.

daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back