TechSpot

Bsod bad_pool_header

By spooky_cvc
Jan 1, 2008
  1. [PROBLEM SOLVED] Bsod bad_pool_header

Hi @all

I have a problem. I have installed True Image 11 and tried to make a secure zone. Later I tried to delete the secure zone and got the error: unpossible to resize - so the secure zone is deleted, but the size of the hd is still reduced.

The greates problem is the bsod bad_pool_header about 5-10 minutes after startup ob windows. I have already deinstalled True Image, but I get still the bsod. When XP SP2 ist started in safe mode, everything works, so ein I think it's a driver problem. In the minidump i read memory_corrupiton, so I tested and changed my RAM but the problem is still unsolved.

Please, please help!

spooky_cvc

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Do you still have the True Image 11 bootable Cd ?
    If so you could boot your system from this CD and fully remove True Image 11 plus any backup partitions.
    This can be done even if True Image 11 has been un-installed

3. spooky_cvc

spooky_cvc TS Rookie Topic Starter

the problem with the unresizeable secure zone is now solved with the follwing hint:

Now I'm waiting for the next bsod - with a lot of luck the above hint has solved the bsod-problem too. I'll post the result of my tests in the evening.

By the way: happy new year!

spooky_cvc

4. kimsland

I would run a checkdisk on the drive
    Right Click on C - Prperties - Tools - Check Now - Tick - OK - Yes

Also defrag the drive fully (probably way out now)

Good news about your info (I'm also a member there too)

And Happy New Year to you

5. spooky_cvc

spooky_cvc TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeahhh, that was the right hint - the pc runs since 5 hours without a bsod. Before I tried the above solution, the first bsod occured within the first 5-10 minutes after startup of the pc.

@kimsland: a checkdisk was done, but no problems were found at the hd. but to defrag the hd is a good idea - and I'll never install new software :blackeye: - never change a running system :grinthumb

spooky_cvc

6. kimsland

:) great news
    When you are completely satisfied (or even before ! ) you can mark this thread as Solved

OK you edited, so I will add another line here too

I like True Image 11

That's all I have to say
    :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.