BSOD BCCode e3, Mozilla crashes and internet slow download

NewWin7User

I've installed a fresh Win Xp onto a brand new unformatted harddrive. And then I installed SP3. From there upgraded to Win 7 64 bit a couple of days later. There were some problems with the installation of XP but Win 7 installed properly. I am now getting a BSOD error as follows:
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: e3
BCP1: FFFFFA80038BD300
BCP2: FFFFFA80037B6040
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I'm unable to open the minidump folder to attach as it says I have to be an administrator, which i am. There is also a problem with firefox which keeps crashing. I'm not sure if this is related.
Should I start again and reinstall / repair Windows 7 installation?
Thanks

Are ther any yellow exclamation points is the device manager? Going from XP to Windows 7 is not usually advised as the hardware is too old and the memory is too little

No there are no yellow exclamation points in the device manager anywhere. I was advised to install Win 7 over XP. It is a brand new pc. Alll new hardware, ie. motherboard, RAM, processor, etc.

Computer: ACPI x64 based PC
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.2 ghz
RAM : 4 GB
System Type: 64 bit os
Disk Drive: Hitachi ATA
Is this all you need?

Thanks

It happens just on start up. I have just run and "repair your computer" from disk and it appears to start up fine at the moment.
The message on the last BSOD was US_FS_Filesystem. But that's all I wrote down.

Why would the hard drive be "going bad" when it was purchased brand new two months ago?
Is there anyway to post the minidumps as a link as I get a message about not enough permission. Is this a problem with my permissions, as i am using an administrator account. Or is it something to do with uploading to this forum?
Would the minidumps be helpful?
Thanks

Excellent! Thanks for all your help. I will keep monitoring it and let you know the outcome. And will reply if I get the error again.
Maybe I should never shutdown :)

Back