BSOD because of ntkrnlpa.exe and Atheros driver

By skimg08
Nov 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have an acer ferrari f200 netbook, I just re-installed it with a windows 7 ultimate about a week ago. Since then (I forget exactly when), I keep getting BSOD at random time. I don't know why it keeps happen, because at the time BSOD appeared I wasn't playing any game or running heavy apps, just browsing the web with chrome.

Then I googled and installed BlueScreenView. It said that all the BSOD caused by ntkrnlpa.exe driver, and when I see the details at the bottom panel, I see the atheros driver always appear to be the other suspect of the crash. I already try to update but the windows said it is already updated. I haven't run the memory test yet.

Here is one of the error info and the minidumps.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 0180130A
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 82888840
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

I hope somebody could help me :)

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Where are you getting the motherboard drivers for this nice Netbook?
  3. skimg08

skimg08 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am not sure, I mean after I installed windows 7 everything works just like a new netbook. Except for the touchpad which I can't use to scroll or zoom the page anymore (so I try to update the driver manually by downloading from internet).