Bsod bites

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an hp nc6120 laptop running win xp pro....im getting a b.s.o.d. c0000006 (0x7c921515 0x0053f0e4).......also just before i started getting this message i was having issues with it "pulling locally stored profiles" or failure to start "userinit.exe"......any help would be greatly appreciated...

That 0x06 is a very obscure error. So, we need your minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually and if you only have one or two just attach as is; no need to Zip them.

no good my friend....ive looked all over windows folder and no mini dump folder...so i searched it and the only minidump folder found was @ C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xjy3xbba.default and it was empty....

kewl: is your system settings are correctly set for recording minidumps?

You can check this by:

1. Right clicking on my computer, then going to advanced tab.
2. Then under Startup and Recovery, click Settings (or Startup and Recovery)
3. Under System Failure, click to select the check boxes for:
a) Write an event to the System log
b) Send an administrative alert
c) At Write Debugging Information select kernel memory dump
d) uncheck Overwrite any existing file

Click OK twice, now your system should start recording minidump files incase you get a BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back