TechSpot

BSOD (cache_manager, memory management, system service exception)

By Messy66
Aug 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I recently just built a computer about 1 month ago and have been getting these readouts ever since on the blue screen. It will happen randomly. I will be using my computer and it will just blue screen randomly with one of those 3 read outs. I have ran every diagnostic test in the book for video, RAM, and hard drive, but everything comes back good. I do have some experience in working on computer, but I am stumped here and am in need of some help here.

2. Messy66

Messy66 TS Member Topic Starter

All my system info can be found in my profile

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

This is most likely caused by a problem bios setting dealing with over-clocking, memory timings or memory voltage settings

4. Messy66

I have reinstalled windows and reset all bios setting to factory default and it still randomly blue screens

5. Tmagic650

6. Messy66

here are my latest 3 dump files

Attached Files:

7. Messy66

One more thing I might add here I recently pulled one of my sticks of RAM and I have not had a single BSOD yet. I switched my RAM sticks today and am now running off of the stick I pulled yesterday and no issues still. I have ran a memory test though and nothing has shown up.

8. Tmagic650

The minidumps are all:
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    You are on the right track with the memory. Good luck :)

9. Messy66

I have several other BSOD's also that consist of Cache_Manager/Memory Management and I am still baffled as to why only one stick will work just fine, but when I put both sticks in an error happens?

10. Tmagic650

This may be a motherboard issue. What is your motherboards make and model?

11. Messy66

I have already replaced the MoBo once because I thought I had a bad slot for my RAM, but I have a intel DZ68BC extreme series MoBo

12. Tmagic650

Are you using excessive force when installing the memory? Have you stressed the connectors? Are the bios set for failsafe defaults?

13. Messy66

I dont suspect that I used excessive force or stressed the connectors. I have always been cautious while building computers and I will get back o you on the failsafe.

14. Messy66

sorry it took a few days but yes the bios is set to default failsafe, I have tried both sticks of RAM. I think Im going to buy a different brand perhaps and see if that works??

15. Tmagic650

Good idea, Keep us posted :)