BSOD, Can't boot into safe mode, Windows XP SP2

Hi, I'm currently getting a BSOD on my Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I started getting problems last night after surfing youtube a bit and realized my computer was acting kind of weird. That's when i closed my browser and tried to open it again and it came up with a message that referred to my harddisk space. I don't remember what it said. But that's where the problem started and i got a Windows security Alert that was accompanied by a program called "Quick Defrag" that popped up out of nowhere. I was scared I got a virus because it was doing some kind of scan so I quickly closed the program. I was curious if it installed anything or if any program was running so I used ctrl+alt+delete to check for any fishy programs running. I saw the programs and they were named in a bunch of random letters like "GejhwySas.exe." Since I couldn't access my browser to use a free virus scanner I decided to restart my computer, and that's when i got a BSOD. I attempted to boot in safe mode and it still comes up with a BSOD, so basically i can't even boot into Windows... This is also the first time I've gotten any kind of BSOD with this computer. Someone please help me... I have no idea what to do at all and I have files that I don't want to lose.

The stop message says:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x804DAAB5, 0xF78AAAE8, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping of physical memory to disk:

Do you have any friends with tech knowledge? One of the reasons we here at TechSpot strongly advise those running XP to make sure they have installed SP3 for security reasons.

Back