BSOD Category (102) Event 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark9977

Hi,

I keep getting BSOD's and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. A while ago I thought it was a hard drive controller card adapter, so I bought some new ones, but the BSOD's have returned.

I have tried reading the minidumps but have drawn a blank there and am up against the wall. The suggested links in windows help when the crash comes up don't seem to be helping.

The Category of the crash is (102) and the Event is 1003. I have attached the past 5 minidumps, the ones since it started happening again. It has happened 3 times in the last 48 hours so seems to be escalating.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Okay, two drivers came up prominant as either cited as the problem or was in the mix as not being able able to be loaded.

The first is SiWinAcc.sys and this is a SATA disk accelarator/Harddrive controller driver.

The second is SYMEVENT.SYS which belongs to Symantec.

The simplest thing you can try is either disable or uninstall Symantec to see if you gain stability. if you are going to uninstall you will have go to their website and find their utility for your particular product and year to completely remove all remanants.

I am cautious though to rule out hardware because of your error codes. One is 0xA and these are strong indications of hardware issues though they also can be caused by drivers attemtpting a higher IRQ Level than they have a right to.

Another error is 0x8E and though it only cited a Windows driver, these are almost always caused by hardware, especially RAM. You may want to run memtest to be sure. www.memtest.org

The remaining three are 0x24: 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

Some of the suggestions to rectify is run ChkDsk, certainly run a full harddrive diagnostics using the tool provided by your manufacturer, and to disable antivirus software.

Hi Route44,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will pursue them and let you know how I make out.

The old BSOD problem appeared to be resolved by the replacement of a Syba 4-port PCI Sata controller, with 2 Syba 2-Port PCI-E Sata controllers. It ran fine for months after that.

The 3 crashes in the last day or so, the most recent, what was the main cause of those from the debug? I think I should start there first.

I will start with memtest and see what it says, as that is the easiest test and easiest fix.

Thanks

edit: would a hardware list help?

Yes, a hardware list is always helpful. it sounds like you know what your are doing with foundational diagnostic steps.

The only definitive driver cited per minidumps is the SiWinAcc.sys SATA disk accelarator/Harddrive controller driver.

Symevent.sys, as noted, was in the mix. I would seriously consider uninstalling just to see if you regain stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back